Valerie De Wandel
Valerie joined K&T in the fall of 2023. Prior to joining K&T, Valerie worked as an associate attorney at a criminal and civil litigation firm, where she concentrated her practice in family and local government law. She also has experience in housing and health law. While in law school, Valerie served as a Field Placement Intern with Legal Services of St. Louis, working with the Health Justice Initiative which allowed her to gain insight into how health policy plays a vital role in the most vulnerable communities. Further, after law school, Valerie completed a Masters in Health Care Ethics from Saint Louis University. During that time, she served as the Graduate Assistant with the SLU Bander Center for Medical Business Ethics, where she conducted research on Artificial Intelligence in Health Care. Additionally, she assisted SLU Law Students as a Health Policy and Advocacy Fellow with the St. Louis Regional Health Commission.
Valerie’s longtime interest in the field of bioethics and health law allowed her to learn learning the ongoing legal and ethical implications that many health practitioners, hospitals, and medical organizations face today. These situations are often complex and require not only an understanding of medical complexities but are also a key component to becoming a trusting advocate in the courtroom.
Outside of the practice of law, Valerie enjoys running, rock climbing, traveling, and spending time with her dog, Orville.
- Saint Louis University, Albert Gnaegi Center for Health Care Ethics, May 2023- Masters in Health Care Ethics
- De Wandel, V and Mathews, K. Artificial Intelligence Held Artificial Promise to Yield Health Care Equality, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, September 14, 2021
- De Wandel, V. Literature Review-A World in Quarantine- A Step Towards Removing Stigma, Health Care Ethics USA, Spring 2021 Contributor, Legal Lens, Health Care Ethics USA, Summer 2020
- Saint Louis University School of Law, May 2020- Juris Doctorate
- Concentration in Health Law
- Honors/Awards: Dean’s Scholar
- De Wandel, V and Rempe S. Legal Lens, Health Care Ethics USA, Fall 2019-Winter-Spring 2020
- De Wandel, V and Hall, B. Legal Lens, Health Care Ethics USA, Fall 2018- Spring 2019.
- Berry College, May 2017, B.S in Political Science/Communications
Animal Legal Defense Fund
Sierra Club Eastern Missouri Group
American Society of Bioethics and Humanities
The attorneys at Kamykowski & Taylor are ready to discuss your unique situation and find the best path forward. Contact us today to get started.