Rachael E. Palmer
As an advocate, Rachael understands the importance of identifying with clients throughout litigation. By focusing on clear communication, trust, and responsiveness with clients, she strives to ensure clients’ important role in health care is properly realized. Rachael actively takes interest in developing solutions and resolutions based on each individual client’s needs.
Rachael focuses her practice on defending clients in the areas of personal injury, lost chance of survival, and wrongful death suits, with an emphasis on medical malpractice matters. As an associate at K&T, Rachael is responsible for managing dozens of cases from start to finish, including preparing pleadings and motions, drafting written discovery, conducting legal research, and advocating for clients in court appearances and motion hearings. She looks forward to assisting in trials when the opportunities arise as well.
Prior to joining K&T, Rachael worked as an associate attorney at a civil litigation firm, where she represented corporations and insurers in product liability, toxic tort, and personal injury matters. She also has experience in employment law litigation defense. While in law school, Rachael served as a Field Placement Intern with BJC HealthCare in St. Louis, which allowed her to gain real-world experience in the drafting of physician contracts, revising and updating employee handbooks and presentations on risk management, and researching complex issues relating to privacy, risk management, accreditation, and physician employment. Her well-rounded educational background and prior work experience make Rachael a perfect fit at K&T.
Outside of the practice of law, Rachael enjoys traveling, baking, and running.
- Saint Louis University School of Law, Magna Cum Laude, May 2020 – Juris Doctorate
- Concentrations in Health Law and Employment Law.
- Honors/Awards: Woolsack Honor Society, Dean’s Scholar, Legal Research & Writing Academic Excellence Awards
- Publications: “Painfully Prescribed: Could Taking Opioids as Legal Treatment Result in Discrimination Uncovered by the ADA”? Comment, 13 St. Louis U. J. Health L & Pol’y 123 (2020)
- Truman State University, Summa Cum Laude, Valedictorian, May 2017; B.A. in Communication; B.A. in Political Science
DRI Law Practice Management Member
Lawyers Association os St Louis
Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Missouri Department of Defense Lawyers
The attorneys at Kamykowski & Taylor are ready to discuss your unique situation and find the best path forward. Contact us today to get started.